Medical Laboratory Science has played a significant role in the advancement of Medicine, especially in the past few decades. As modern medicine becomes more of a team effort, the Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technologist is an important member and integral part of the Medical team. This programme is related to the diagnosis, prevention and timely treatment of diseases through clinical laboratory tests. These professionals help to identify abnormalities in the samples such as malignancies, pathogens, or genetic abnormalities.
Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Math’s in class 12th in order to apply for these courses.
Student have secured 50% marks in Class 12th.
After completion of BMLT course, students can pick up global careers in public or private sector as Technical officer, Laboratory manager or lab supervisor. Some job roles for example are
- Technical officer
- Laboratory manager
- Lab supervisor
- Cyto technologist
- Forensic Science Technologist
- Hemato technologist
- Medical Lab technologist
- Health care administrator, Health and safety officer
- Research labs as technical associate
- Blood bank supervisors.
- Coordinators, tutors or lecturers in educational institutions
- Can start their own clinical laboratory under the supervision of the pathologists
- Government hospital ¢ Blood Bank
- Private hospital ¢ Private owned clinics
- Minor emergency centers
- Research & Development Centers
- Medical laboratories
- Crime laboratories
Higher Studies Options after B.Sc. MLT (Medical Laboratory Technology) course
- Master’s in medical laboratory Technology – Clinical biochemistry
- Master’s in medical laboratory Technology — Medical Microbiology
- Master’s in medical laboratory Technology – Pathology
- Master’s in medical laboratory Technology — Haematology and Blood Banking
- Master’s in medical laboratory science — Total Quality management
- Master’s in Clinical Research
After having successfully completed the second semester university examination the student will be qualified to commence the clinical postings for 2-3 weeks in each semester in leading hospitals. One-year full time internship in a hospital is mandatory to enable a student to obtain the degree of Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty
- Research oriented programme
- Well Equipped labs for practical demonstration
- Collaboration with multi-specialty hospitals and labs like Max Hospital, Medanta Modern Diagnostic Labs etc
- Visits to Govt. hospitals and NABL accredited labs on weekly basis for clinical practices
- Interdisciplinary courses like Employability Development Skill, Food streets of old Delhi etc.
- Earning of credits by online digital courses
- Specialized training, workshop and conferences part of curriculum
- Each student mentored by faculty