Centre For Sight
Optometry Course in Delhi NCR
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Optometry is a branch of allied health science which deals with eye and vision which involves examining, diagnosing, managing and treating eye conditions which includes binocular vision conditions, low vision, refractive errors and diseases of the eyes also prescribing spectacles, contact lenses, and other visual aids.
Masters of Optometry is a postgraduate degree in Optometry & Vision Science. AU, being one of the Best Optometry Colleges in India, exposes its students to various higher specialization of Optometry such as Advanced Contact Lens, Low Vision and visual rehabilitation, Binocular Vision and vision therapy, ocular diagnostics, Sports Vision and occupational optometry. It also exposes the candidate to research and innovation in vision science.
Master of Optometry
Duration: 2 Years
Bachelor of Optometry from a recognized University. It is a full time course.
It is a Master Degree.
There is no doubt that the demand for Optometry is huge in the country. The profession not only gives immense opportunities of employment but also gives students a chance of self-employment too.
Being one of the most prestigious Optometry Colleges in Delhi, AU provides many career options to Optometry graduates which depends on the academics and abilities to perform skills.
- Independent Optometric Clinic with Optical outlet.
- Practice in eye institutions/hospitals as every eye institution has an optometrist apart from ophthalmologists as their consultant.
- Shortage of the Optometrist in government primary health centers
- A rewarding career in the corporate in eyecare industry such as contact lenses, ophthalmic lenses etc.
- Excellent job opportunities both in India as well as overseas.
- Further education leading to post-graduation, teaching and research in various fields of eye- care.
- Follows the Ministry of Health and Family welfare recommended curriculum for Optometry. ¢ Teaching pedagogy is based on international standards.
- Exemplary faculty.
- Unique campus clinics as center of excellence in Vision Sciences.
- The curriculum will have clinical exposure for the students in the best of eye hospitals. e Encouraging research in optometry.
- No tuition fees in the internship.
- Extensive Lectures, tutorials and seminars.
- Case based and evidence based teaching.
- Hospital Visits & Clinical Postings in SVCC (center of excellence).
- Community screenings (health camps).
- Practical approach to problem based learning.
- Interaction with the leading eye care industry.
Download Course Syllabus