Product design involves a combination of a human-centered approach to concept development, precise representational skills and an acute understanding of materials and technology. In this course, an in-depth understanding of materials, anthropometrics, behavioral psychology, and production processes is inculcated in order to help the students find sustainable solutions that answer industry and consumer needs.
The PD stream at SSD provides an overall experience from the ideation of a preliminary concept to its refinement; from physical and digital representation to the communication of the outcome to its potential market.
Advantage @Sushant School of Design
- Emphasis on the social meaning of the product and sensitization of the student to the social and environmental impact of the product.
- Open, interdisciplinary methodology that values the cultural background of the designer and the end-user community and emphasizes the role of dialogue and mutual exchange in the creative process.
- Association with major industrial partners to provide students with challenging tasks that allow them to face interactions with business and organizations most effectively.
- Technical training so that students can use modelling and computer design laboratories equipped with the most advanced software.
- Participation in multiple competitions pan-India and globally, in order to provide exposure and hone students’ design edge.
Student exchange program between School of Architecture & Design (SoA+D), King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT), Thailand and Sushant School of Design (SSD), Ansal University
Overall 50% marks at 10+2 level or 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Government or Diploma after 10 years of schooling with 50% marks in aggregate.