Bsc Medical Imaging Technology teaches Radiologic/Medical Imaging techniques are certified technologists who capture images of organs, bone, and tissue for patient diagnosis. Technologists are equipped with the technological skills to handle imaging equipment and the interpersonal skills necessary for patient care. Educational and licensure requirements vary by state and profession, 4 year degree programme is common for radiologic/medical imaging technologists.
A technologist produces radiography of patients with the help of X-ray to find the exact medical condition of the patient. In addition with X-ray, a radiographer also considers X-rays, CT scans, MRI for producing radiography. Radiology field is broadly divided into two areas namely diagnostic radiology and interventional radiology.
4 Years (including one year of internship)
B.Sc Medical Imaging Technology - Undergraduate Degree Courses ( 3+1 = 4 Years )
• Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Maths in class 12th in order to apply for these courses.
• Students must have secured 50% marks in Class 12th.
Lateral Entry: ( 2+1 = 3 Years )
• Candidates must have a Two year diploma in Medical/Radiological imaging Technique from a
recognized board /college /university.
• Candidates must have studied Physics, Biology or Mathematics and Chemistry till class 12th
in order to apply for these courses.
• Admission to B.Sc Medical Imaging Technique ( Lateral Entry ) programme is done on the basis
of marks secured by candidates in diploma . Minimum qualifying percentage is 50%.
• Class 12th Minimum qualifying percentage is 50%.
The educated and professional technologists in hospitals, military hospitals, clinics, and physicians are increasing continuously. The field of radiography will continue to show higher than average job growth into the future. After completing a degree in this field will become Radiology Technologists/ Radiographers, MRI Technician, CT Tech/ CAT Scan Technologist/ CT Scan Technologist/ RSO.
Radiology is a branch of medical science that is constantly in demand for the diagnosis of diseases. As it is one of the only technologies that enables the doctors to detect the diseases inside a human body, it is required in all medical centres and hospitals. Following are some of the profiles that you can apply for:
• Medical Imaging/ Radiology Technologist
• MRI Technologist
• Radiology Assistant
• Radiotherapist/ Radiation Technologist
• Nuclear medicine technologist
• Ultrasound Technologist/ Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Well qualified and experienced faculty
• Research oriented programs
• Well Equipped labs for practical demonstration
• Collaboration with multi-speciality hospitals and labs like Max Hospital, Medanta,Modern Diagnostic Labs etc
• Visits to Govt. hospitals and NABL accredited labs on weekly basis for clinical practices
• Interdisciplinary courses like Employability Development Skill, Food streets of old Delhi etc
• Earning of credits by online digital courses
• Specialized training, workshop and conferences part of curriculum
• Each student mentored by faculty