Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technologist is an important member and integral part of the Medical team. This program is related to the diagnosis, prevention and timely treatment of diseases through clinical laboratory tests. These professionals help to identify abnormalities in the samples such as malignancies, pathogens, or genetic abnormalities.
4 Years (including one year of internship)
10+2 or equivalent with minimum 50% marks from recognized board (including Chemistry, Physics and Biology).
Minimum two years diploma from recognized institute.
After completion of B.Sc. MLT, students can pick up global careers in public or private sector as:
• Technical officer, Laboratory manager, Lab supervisor
i. Cyto technologist
ii. Forensic ScienceTechnologist
iii. Histo technologist
iv. Hemato technologist
v. Medical Lab technologist
• Health care administrator, Health and safety officer
• Research labs as technical associate
• Blood bank supervisors.
• Coordinators, tutors or lecturers in educational institutions
• Can start their own clinical laboratory under the supervision of the pathologists