Ansal University, Gurugram
Students Lateral Entry / Migration Policy for Regular UG Programmes
The policy is being introduced to provide an opportunity for higher studies to those candidates who have completed their diploma / degree / First year (for migration) with good record and to provide more professional manpower by filling up the vacant seats from first year of various programs.
Ansal University is accepting the student's applications under the lateral entry/migration scheme for various undergraduate programmes for the academic year. Candidates who full fill the eligibility conditions shall be given opportunities at Ansal University for professional growth and career improvement, through lateral entry / migration into courses of general, technical and professional education.
Number of seats & Reservation:
The number of seats for lateral admission is not fixed and these are being made against the drop outs / seats remaining vacant / students failed, debarred in first year of their respective programs. Reservation norms for different category candidates, as specified by the University policy shall be followed for admission to second year (Lateral Entry, wherever applicable) in all Programmes.
Eligibility of Candidates for Lateral Entry in Second Year/Third Semester
Candidates who have already successfully completed a programme in other University/Institution and are desirous of and academically capable of pursuing another programme in an allied subject shall be eligible for admission normally in the second year/ third semester. Candidates seeking admission in the second year/ third semester of all academic programmes should have:
- Candidates who have acquired a Diploma from recognised institutions in Engineering / Allied health / Any other relevant field with not less than 50 per cent marks in aggregate or CGPA of 2 on a four point scale or its equivalent, through minimum of two years of institutional study, after 10+2 (Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination) or a three year diploma with 50% after class X, shall be eligible for admission in the second year / third semester of concerned UG program as per eligibility.
- Candidates who have successfully completed B.Sc. with 50 per cent or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics shall be eligible for admission in the second year/third semester of B. Tech
- For lateral entry in Bachelor of Pharmacy the criteria would be 50% Pass in Diploma (Pharmacy) from an institution recognized by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
- For lateral entry in Bachelor of Design (Fashion & Textile) the criteria would be 50% pass in a 3 years Diploma in Fashion Design from a recognized Central or State Government Board.
- For lateral entry in Bachelor of Design (Interior Architecture) the criteria would be 50% pass in a 3 years Diploma in Interior Design / Architecture / Civil from a recognized Central or State Government Board.
Eligibility of Candidates for Migration in Second Year/Third Semester
- Migration of students from other recognised universities / Institutions into undergraduate/postgraduate programs shall be allowed up to 15 days prior to the date of commencement of semester. The migration into a particular program will be approved by a committee subject to the following conditions:
- Successfully completed the first year of the study from any other university / institution in the same discipline. The candidate must have passed all the courses of the previous year / semesters of the University where from he/she is taking migration.
- The course content of the previous institution and Ansal University has to have similarity index of at least 80 per cent.
- The courses studied by the candidate must be mapped by the course School-Level Lateral Admission & Migration Committee (LAMC) of respective school with the courses offered by Ansal University in that particular programme.
- The student has to pass all those courses found deficient during course mapping and those which are not mapped, as and when they will be offered by the University.
Candidates seeking lateral entry/ migration shall submit the following documents at the time of their admission:
- Attested copy of statement of Marks/Grade Card of the courses completed
- Attested copies of testimonials relating to basic qualifications and experience etc., which were pre- requisite for admission in his parent University/Institution
- “No objection Certificate” / “Migration Certificate” from his/her parent University/Institution
- Authentic copy of detailed syllabus, scheme of teaching and evaluation of the course of study pursued by him at his parent University/Institution
- Applications shall be invited by notification on AU website.
- Applicants will be called for selection process prescribed for the particular program for which candidate has applied
- Based on the recommendation of the LAMC, the selected shall be notified by admission office through mail.
- The selected may have to go through a bridge course designed for them to make up for any deficiencies in courses / communication skills etc for which a fee may be charged.
- The selected may also have to go through certain number of courses as per the recommendation of the LAMC for them to make up for any deficiencies in courses to be taken up as repeat courses during Summer School for which a fee may be charged.
- Admission, if granted, would remain provisional till all document verification process is complete.
- All admission and other related guidelines are available at AU website www.ansaluniversity.edu.in
- The students admitted under the lateral program shall not be allowed to change the branch.
- A student admitted second year under lateral entry / migration scheme, shall be required to complete the programme within a period of maximum academic years prescribed by UGC from the date of admission, failing which he/she shall not be allowed to continue study further for his/her UG / PG Degree.
- After selection and fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and admission formalities, students will be considered at par with the other regular students of Ansal University.
- Lateral Entry / Migration will be governed by the rules and regulations of the Ansal University.
- Relaxation in any provision of this policy will be given by the approval of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Lateral Entry / Migration student would not be eligible for the Haryana Domicile Fee Concession.