School of Engineering and Technology invited Lt. Vineet Kumar to deliver a guest lecture on “Cyber Security” on 6 April 2016 for Students and Faculty Members. The aim of this lecture was to empower all through knowledge of threats, risks and opportunities.
Lt Vineet Kumar with over 14+ years of experience in Cyber Security & Cyber Forensics is the Founder & President of Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF) an NGO working against Cyber wars and Cyber Weapons. He is also a Chèvening scholar and student of the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom (Ministry of Defence & Cranfield University, UK).
Previous to this engagement he had been the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) & Head of the Cyber Defence Research Centre (CDRC) of Jharkhand Police, Government of Jharkhand.
He is also the:
- Founder & Chairman, National Anti-Hacking Group, a not for profit social organization
- Member of the Policy Working Group (Cyber Security Task Force) of NASSCOM-DSCI
- Member of the Expert Group on Cyber Security, AICTE, Govt of India
- Advisor & Coordinator (Cyber Security), Gujarat Technological University (GTU)
- Advisor, Jharkhand Police, Government of Jharkhand
- Guest Faculty / Instructor @ National Police Academy(Ministry of Home Affairs), National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT), Railways Staff College (Ministry of Railways), Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration (Government of Gujarat), College of Military Engineering, Jharkhand Judicial Academy(Government of Jharkhand), State Bank of India Learning Centre (SBLC), Indian Institute of Management Ranchi, Amity University Lucknow, Gujarat Technical University, Central University of Jharkhand, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) to name some of them.
- He has been invited as a Speaker at International Conferences like iSafe Dubai, TEDx, Ground Zero, c0c0n, Secure Cities 2015 etc. Guest Lecturer / Speaker @ many Universities, Colleges, Educational Institutions, PSU’s, Defence & Government organizations.
He has Received 6 International, 17 National, 13 State awards & honors
Prominent one’s being :
- Chevening Scholarship by the British Government
- United Nation Youth Assembly’s Youth Achievement Award 2008
- World’s Top 5 student Entrepreneur (GSEA 2010, Kansas City)
- Paragon 100 fellowship (China)
- Youth Awards for Community Contribution (England)
- National Youth Award 2014-15, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India
- Top 100 CISO awards 2015 & 2014
- Infosec Maestros Awards 2014
- National IT Excellence Award 2007-2008
- Young Achiever Award 2008